Hey Guys,

After the Spring Fling, I've been getting a lot of
private emails regarding the Insanity 3.7, so I
thought I'd post a little about the model. With my
broken full scale planes this year, I haven't had a
chance to head to So Cal to fly the contest circuit,
but I had really wanted to, because this thing is like
cheating. Now that I've got some contest time on the
model, I'm more comfortable talking about it than last
year. It's so easy to fly, and even easier to land.

Mine weighs in at 83 ounces, but I am using some super
heavy stabs that I bagged at home with some carbon I
had laying around....If I were using the stabs from
Sal, it would take 3-4 ounces out of the model. Even
at 83 ounces, the model feels almost too light for me.
It flies soooooo slooooooowwwww..... The wing loading
is under 9 ounces/ft. Even though it's light, due to
the span, it still covers ground quite well, and
because of the light loading, lands almost stupid
slow. The moments on the model are quite generous,
(loooong tail boom) so even at very slow speeds on
final, it tracks quite nicely.

Stats:

Span - 145"
Area - Don't remember (I recall 1350 ish)
Section - A JW section - TDtry19 (same as the Fusion
section)

I've only flown it in Majors. It's the model I flew at
the Nats last year (although with a completely
re-shaped and re-tooled fuse - much prettier and
lighter now), I flew it at Visalia, SWC, and now
Spring Fling. For AMA style TD, I wouldn't fly
anything else.

I believe Sal is selling them, although due to the
labor in them, Phil is whining about making the wings.
So there may be a bit of a delay. There is a lot of
work in them. Makes it a bit pricey. The wings are
turning out to be super strong - much to the shagrin
of the SVSS winch crews. I kept breaking lines tapping
all the way up tow. Sorry guys! I was tappin'...

It's very lively for the span - if it wasn't it would
make me crazy. Rolling circles are fun, inverted
flight is hands off, outsides are tight... it's just
fun to fly.

And most importantly, it's not a 2 meter. Chuck would
like it.... he can see it.... ;-)

If you're in Muncie, come by and check it out. I'll
have it out for Open Class.

See y'all at the Nats!