How about changing the motor run to 2minutes?

That will allow ANY plane to get to thermal height regardless of the cost of the motor/power plant.  That negates any launch advantage some might have and turns the event into a soaring contest.

I'm serious about this suggestion as it allows any model the opportunity to start out on an even opportunity...no one can fly higher than they can see...and almost any electric can get to that height in 2mins.

My intention is to use a new foamie 2m sp400 from MPX (if they ever show up)...the only carbon in the plane will be the motor brushes:-)

There's plenty of time to change the rule....and increase the fun.

Gordy
Minn airport