The primary problem is that you need to activate the aileron differential function before the Butterfly, START and SPEED mixes will work on the aileron channel. A more complete answer is here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396543

Phil

----- Original Message ----- From: "Smiler" [EMAIL PROTECTED],

I've read and thought I understood all the other threads about using the
Futaba 8 (not Super) with a 5 channel receiver, but I've still not got
the thing working properly

I've used GLID2FLP as recommended in Don's book.

Channels

1 Left aileron
2 Elevator
4 Rudder
5 Right Flap

PMIX

1 Ail-Rud 'On' Link 'Off' Trim 'Off'
2 Ail-CH5 'On' Link 'On' Trim 'On'
3 Rud-Ail 'On' Trim 'On'
4 Rud-Ch5 'On' Link 'Off' Trim 'Off' (As the rudder didn't move Ch5 even
with PMIX 2)

FLPTRM 'Inh'
Ai-Dif 'Inh' (I've done the Ail Dif using ATV and Ch5 using the PMIX
values)
BFLY 'Switch A' Ail 55 FLP 100 Ele -10 Dly 10 ABK 75
FLP-Ail 'On' 'Null' (Changing values here doesn't do a thing)
Ail-Flp 'On' -50 -100 'Null'
Ele-Flp 'Inh'
V-Tail 'Inh'
Start Ail 15 Ele 20 FLP2 -15 FLP1 0
Speed Ail 15 Ele 0 Flp2 -15 Flp1 0

Right, the problems.....

When using BFLY only Ch5 operates the right aileron, nothing goes on
with the Ch1 left aileeron, which is exactly what happens with both
'Start' and 'Speed' nothing on the Ch1 left aileron.

Any ideas guys? (purleeeease!)

This is driving me made as the BFLY shows Master to be CH3 which is
throttle and slave to be channel 1, but changing the values doesn't do
anything.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Steve