In the current issue of "Model Aviation" which I received today I found the "Presidents Perspective" page quite interesting. It makes it quite evident that there is a complete lack knowledge as to what we in the soaring community are all about. In his remarks he (Dave Brown) states that his recommendation to the FAA is that a minimum altitude restriction be set at 700' and preferably 1,000'. Probably just fine for the "slime" machines but a death blow to sailplanes. These restrictions while unenforceable, would in essence make the even average weekend flier a lawbreaker,not to mention the whole liability problem. Anybody out there have any idea as to who to contact to get this thing turned around,somebody who will make the AMA listen ! Allan Parsons