Are the HS-81's brand new?  They have a habit of chattering around
neutral after a while which can be er... postponed by spraying some
tuner cleaner into the pot and exercising them for a bit.
I learned this while flying RC Combat which is a much harder environment
than sailplanes and gleaned the fix from the Hitec board on RC Groups.

If that isn't it, I'd vote for a freshly charged 5 cell pack being the
problem-- if it's draied down a little, the problem might disappear.

JESTER