In a message dated 8/8/2005 2:17:13 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Soaring@airage.com writes: AND FORGETS TO RIGHT CLICK TO ELIMINATE THE
UNWANTED
GIBBERISH!!! (jokes on me, I guess--it's easy to forget).

>On my last post regarding this topic I expressed ignorance about  the Mac.
So
just now I tested a Mac post using AOL 5.0. It sent only  text with no
modifications needed. However, my older Mac G4 uses OS  9.2, so I can't run
the
latest AOL on it--the newer AOL is so much  better that I do email on a PC
until
the day when I give in and go to  OS X.  Probably the same (i.e., no
problem)
with OS X, but  someone running that might like to report on it.

>When I got back from  a trip last week and was checking old RCSE digests,  I
noted that there  was a discussion a week or two ago regarding this, with
the
apparently  widely held belief expressed that AOL can't suppress HTML, thus
printing text followed by gibberish which takes several screens of  clicking
until the reader gets past it. In fact, if HTML can be  eliminated from an
AOL
post by right clicking and selecting "text"  with a PC, it should be
possible
with any email program.

Al  Nephew
Duluth, MN