From: DAN KITCHING [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 12:37 PM
To: soaring@airage.com
Subject: Re: [RCSE] soaring issues - I now understand

I'm beginning to understand the addiction to thermal hunting and I'd like to
place the blame where it belongs, squarely on the shoulders of my good
friend Sheldon Smith.

I've always appreciated soaring, but was truly hooked after putting a 42
minute flight on my Ariane V6 a while ago. Folks, this is a 1.66 meter F5B
plane that weighs 60oz all up. Of course, it climbs at over 100km/h, but it
WILL NOT thermal in a fart. It took a boomer day, but now I'm doing less
climbing and diving than climbing and soaring and I'm realizing more and
more that boomers are not necessary to climb, but smooth circling and energy
retention will allow me to thermal in moderate conditions.

I'm starting in earnest today on a Genie Pro. Winston was kind enough to
clue me in on the section changes he made for this wing as opposed to the
Genie and Genie LT/S, and the foam cutter is primed and ready for action.

Look out JB, I think I might just attend the NATS next year with Sheldon.
Looking forward to comparing tunes collections on our iPods.

Dan in Canada