Had a great experience of flying with US best pilots in some very
challenging conditions. I'm sure more reports will surface after
people recover. Want to say that I had the distinct honor and
privilege of being the Idaho pilot who was adopted by RMSA flyers Jon
Pedilla; Mike Verzuh; and event organizer Jim Monaco. Their
generosity and enthusiasm for this sport were exemplary. They shared
information and equipment and stayed "in it" and helped each pilot
when it was his turn to fly even though we faced many challenges. The
RMSA club did a great job and put out a huge effort. Jim had hoped to
turn over the event and put on his pilot hat but this was not to be.
He was always available to help and was a true sportsman through some
difficult trials.  I remember Jim working his way back to our slot 13
and as soon as he hit the chair he appeared to hit a button that
called him back to the tent. In a 15 min round Jim popped off but
kept his composure and managed a max and hunski for a 1000 point
round. In the next round we watched in horror as his ICON veered off
and destroyed itself for a 5.29 point round.. Very sad. Yet he kept
his composure. I learned a great deal from my team and from flying
with the best in the US and perhaps the world. Hats off to the team
and everyone who participated. An unforgettable experience.  Tom
Kiesling, Joe Wurts and Skip Miller demonstrated some outstanding
flying over three tough diverse days and will represent our country
well.  Sincere congratulations.
Guy Russo