If you've got a Harbor Freight in your town, you may want to look into their 12V rotary tool kit... $7.99 w/ a bunch of routing, cutting and buffing bits. You can also run it directly off of DC power! It's cheap and doesn't have a whole lot of torque, but I use it quite a bit for "surgical" procedures that my Dremel might run wild on.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41695

Noel,
Presumably the servo is bad or you wouldn't be removing it anyway. In a case like this, I think I would sacrifice the bad servo to avoid damaging the plane. How about firing up the 'ole Dremel tool and grinding away both the servo itself and the remaining hot glue. Lenny

--
Ben Wilson
Web Developer/Consultant