Hello:

I have been on the lookout for an extra Hobie fuse for my set of 10ft wings for
a long time. Found one on EBay - got it all cleaned up, painted, new canopy,
etc ---- I got the wings out and the wing rod ---- UHHGGGGGGGGG - the brass
insert in fuse is about 3/64 too small.  I do not think that my present fuse is
standard - for whatever that means.

Questions: 1) Should I ream out fuse and insert a new brass tube to fit normal
hobie wing rod. 2) Should I insert brass tubes in wings tubes to reduce the ID
to the fuse's ID and buy a new wing rod.

I made a larger set of stabs and rudder back in 70's - grey foam/1/64 ply,
etc.,look just like originals, but it means a lot of field work to change
wings. The 10 footers fly much better with a larger rudder and stabs. I do not
want to lose these wings.
TIA,
Jim

Jim Ealy