To: soaring
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:05 PM
Subject: [RCSE] ED's reply to Jim Deck

If you will permit me a moment's insanity: this response is nothing but unadulterated, unabashed, ridiculous garbage.  And, if I weren't who I am, I'd use lots stronger language than that.
What group, if it has a competition, doesn't devote substantial time/energy/space to reporting its NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?  (Go ahead, Visalia flyers, flame away.).
Can you imagine the NFL downplaying the Super Bowl?
Or MBL the World Series?
It's rare that someone's aimless regurgitations get my ire up, but this one absolutely takes the cake.
Maybe sometime I'll let you know how I REALLY feel about it.
Dana

The competitor is now in the minority in AMA. In fact, less than 5 percent
of our membership compete in any manner at all. We simply cannot justify
devoting all of 1/12 of our yearly editorial pages to just one meet - even
if it is the Nats.