--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Scott Hewett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I recall an incident at Soar Utah 2002 whereby some bozo flying an
> out-of-control
foamy took out a pristine scratch built fiberglass airliner.
> Has Soar Utah put any rules into effect that will prevent future incidents of
> that sort,
such as banning foamies?  Can anyone provide more details of that incident?
> Thanks

I had heard of that event.  The  person who recalled it to me (he was certainly
there) said
that Brian knew the risks a took his chances.  There was a twinkle of pride in
having a
custom plane paint mark on his foamie. There could be a hill dedicated to such
stubborn,
narrow minded, thick skulled people.  Perhaps a club that caters to this niche
of our
hobby.  It could be promoted as an exclusive private club, lacking any
accomplished pilots
or pristine planes.  A re-kitters retreat so to speak.