My God, are you guys hallucinating? Calm down  and take a deep breath! Sure
lead is toxic if you get it into the body but  dangerous fumes are only
produced if you boil it. We are just melting amounts  under 10 pounds here! I
read
about encapsulating it in epoxy and that is fine  but you guys are making it
sound like you can get poisoned by "bad air" or  something. The "bad air" comes
from the epoxy! This isn't a religion and it's  not something evil, it's just
another useful metal for people with a smidgen of  common sense to use. After
all, we are not eating it or sticking our nose in the  pot, are we? It is
probably less dangerous than the results of your last burrito  in a closed
vehicle
and certainly less dangerous than the mercury amalgam  fillings in your teeth.
So don't eat it, lick it and please wash your hands  before you smoke that
cigar and you and your neighbors will be perfectly safe.  Millions of lead
bullet casters have been doing this for ages in perfect safety.  It's just
another
useful tool we use if the proper precautions are taken.  Incidentally, there
is one major risk to be watchful of. No moisture should EVER  come in contact
with the molten lead. One small drop of sweat from your brow  falls into the
pot it will demonstrate just how powerful a steam explosion can  be as it
plates
you and your surrounding area with lead foil. We were wearing  safety
glasses, weren't we? Contrary to some reports I've read, unless you are
melting an
iron bathtub full for the keel of your sailboat, it is seldom more  that a real
eye-opener and very messy. It's happens way too fast to blink and  the foil
sticks to everything like spray paint. So, know your limitations and  use some
common sense and you should be fine. Nobody is forced to play with it  if they
don't want to but a little intelligent thought is a useful commodity,
hearsay and old wives tales are not.   Dennis in NH and yes I have  been tested
for
lead in my system and no there is none.

Hello: As you  will hear from others, lead fumes are really bad news. If you
must, do it only  outdoors and that is not fair to your neighbors, etc.