I agree with Michael Lane -- The end of poverty,
pollution and recession can be paid for, after
lawmakers enact programs to do this (that await
only the money to pay workers and vendors to
bring them to life),  IF  lawmakers will take money
and price in hand.

I further agree that loan-based money works as
Michael suggests -- it is created when the
borrower spends.
          If the borrower siphons off enough profit
(or earns wages or other money) and repays the
loan, repayment has an effect on monetized
demand in the whole of a market economy.
          The effect is not the same as would be
the effect of sending gold coins to outer space
if gold coins were our only money. But there is
an effect on price -- and if one fears inflation
the effect is favorable.

Michael goes on to indicate that a people's
dividend to increase purchasing power for
people in need of money to buy a decent
standard of living can be created the way
bank loans create money. Such people in
need would receive the money from govern-
ment -- not from a bank or a loan.

So where would the government get the
money to pay the dividend ?

Michael indicates government would create
the money, like the banks do, but there would
be no loan to repay.

Only a government whose constitution allows
such debtless money can do this. That rules
out Alberta, and the fifty states of the USA.

Alberta tried to tax bank profits to supply the
money involved. The courts stopped this
method. If they had not, it is doubtful that
bank profits could have paid a big enough
dividend to raise the living standards of
people in need -- remembering that the
dividend must stimulate production
enough to put real food on the table.

Michael does not go on to describe how
central government will create debtless
money and avoid its inflationary effect.
The Social Credit doctrine in this matter
is to continue our practice of taxation
to do this.

I agree this would work.  But those
who will have to pay the tax must
approve the creation of debtless
money.

My system of Debtless, Taxless money
avoids the opposition of taxpayers. But it
gives more work to lawmakers who must
design an inflation fighting regime out of
subsidized production methods and
highly rewarded savings systems.

On production and subsidies and R&D
and similar support of the economy by
the central and subordinate governments,
Social Credit and I are probably in total
agreement.

On tax and savings programs I think SC
will need to be persuaded.

SC might agree that IF people and firms
save money in a government account --
like a social security account -- I call it an
Individual Estate Account (IEA) or for busi-
ness entities, a Business Savings Account
(BSA) -- if they do this, it is the same as
if they paid taxes. Government holds
the money out of circulation.

When IEA owners want their money back
to spend it -- they get it.  At that point such
spending can cause higher prices. My plan
fights such pressure on price with more
production and more savings by other
account owners.

As a reward for saving, account owners
have the balance indexed to prevent any
loss in purchasing power.

So my system calls for Debtless, Taxless,
Indexed, Fiat Money (DTIFM).

The fiat word says up front that the money
is based on its systematic favorable effect
on price -- achieved by subsidized production
and rewarded savings -- and is based also
on the law (the US constitution allows this).

          It is not based on the collateral value
of pledged assets -- although it bears a
similar relation to future productive output,
as well as, existing assets that may come
on the market for sale.

I know DTIFM may seem more to SC
advocates than they want to take on.
But it makes more sense and is aimed
at winning over taxpayers to our side.

What if severe inflation follows the use
of DTIFM -- the program has to have a
conditional welcome mat out to some
taxation. But that taxation must be aimed
at stopping inflation and ending poverty.

          Its first form might well be to make,
say, net savings of 20% of income compul-
sory for all people earning 30% more than a
a living wage.  As supply overcame inflation,
the compulsory savings would be eased.
There would still be no tax at all on people
who earned only 130% of a living wage.
This email was sent to: archive@mail-archive.com