Incorrect.  That's not his premise.  This is:

"Most economic models use a vocabulary that focuses attention
on a hypothetical world that does not well reflect today's reality."

Which you have done in your post here.  "Debt virus fallacy" is a
hollow strawman you point to when you need to draw attention
away from the substantive portion of Michael's post, which is a
treatment on your overuse or misuse of discursive language to
shelter your theories from the criticism they need.  Criticism is
the act of interpretation, and hiding theories behind a discursive
Aegis is irresponsible and immoral if those theories could help
people presently in need.

You can easily claim that if people aren't willing to learn the
language of economics, banking, and finance than they have no
place in an economics forum. In some ways you would be
right to do so.  You would also be right, however, to work
consciously toward creating a more inclusive discourse for the
audiences you wish to sway.  What you know is completely
worthless unless you are able to communicate it to others
when they need it.

For example, you write:

"the aggregate debt is like some kind of  gigantic recurring
loan that is not being amortized"

What is "amortized"?  Since I'm a good little student I'll look it
up.  --pauses to look up word--.  Alright, it means "repaid in
installments".  No longer cowed into silence by my lack of
discursive control, I feel compelled to comment. . . .

Alright . . . you assert Michael's implicit premise is that
aggregate debt is like some kind of gigantic recurring loan that
is not being paid back in installments, so that interest is being
charged on interest?

I don't think that Michael's implication of this is unwitting
or incorrect.  What he's saying is that it's true.  Because it is.
Many people are overwhelmed with debt (perhaps you're not,
but many people are) to the point where they literally *are*
paying interest on their interest, as well as on their principal.

When you say things like "The reality is that there are many
overlapping creditor-debtor relationships in the economy,
each being amortized individually." you not only misrepresent
the point of Michael's argument, (thus proving him correct),
you also part ways with reality.

Not all creditor-debtor relationships in the economy are
being paid back, individually or otherwise.  The reality is this:

If our creditor-debtor relationships don't drastically change,
those relationships are going to start getting amortized by
militia squads and truckloads of ANFO.  Don't scoff--it
happened in Russia.  Before that it happened in France,
and before that it happened here in the U.S.

It could happen again.

Muddying the waters by falling back on mysterious terms
is about as reprehensible to me as when the CEO of my
country regards a war upon a nation over half of whose
population is under the age of 15 "in the highest moral
traditions of our country".  We have a responsibility that
extends beyond the scope of this discussion group to use
the "dialect of the tribe" as it were.

Common understanding, not Technocratic heirarchy.
Common banks, not hegemonic government heirachy.
The democratic power of a commonly enlightened people.

I would like to see a published, common glossary of terms
like the one used above that we all agree on for use in this
discussion forum.  I'm tired of quibbling over the meaning
of terms like "credit", "debt", "income", "profits", "liberal",
"conservative", "left", "right", "aggregate", etc.

If the language of this discussion cannot be normalized,
all our efforts here are hopelessly flawed and without
meaning.

--Alex R.

P.S.  The "debt-virus" theory doesn't hold up under close
scrutiny for a closed micro-model of responsible and fair
people.  You can charge 50% interest if you want, and
never have currency devaluation.  It's a simple model and
I'd be happy to draw it out for everyone.  The problem
with the "planet doom" model (a micro-model of earth's
closed system) is that our world is fully staffed with
scumbags who only care about themselves.  Just because
the economic system doesn't have any leaks doesn't mean
that it is Just.  Money and social power coalesce.  Some
people starve while others drink champaigne, and nothing
is being done about it.  That's reality.