On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 03:57:18PM -0400, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
>       Like :
>
>       watchdogd -s 15 -t 120
>
>       it should be operating correctly. But about 10 hours in,
> it seems the system was still operational within 5 seconds of
> the time it rebooted. I've now changed it to :
>
>       watchdogd -s 120 -t 1200
>
>       and will see if it "misfires".
Given the fact that the manpage for watchdog states that the default is
1 second, why do you want such long sleep times?

Also, the man page says that "If -e cmd is not specified, the daemon
will perform a trivial file system check instead." - maybe this
filesystem check is not successful on the soekris?

Anyway, on linux I never had any problems with the watchdog, so I assume
that the hardware watchdog works.

iustin