> "Supports Power over Ethernet according to the 802.3af standard"

I haven't read 802.3af, but I have read less formal descriptions of
PoE, and they indicate that both devices and supplies can be active,
with a negotiation dance of resistance changes and such supported to
both run significant power down PoE and also avoid running significant
power into a non-PoE device.

Of course, if the power supply is just a dumb power supply connected to
two of the pins/pairs, this doesn't matter.  But a PoE-aware hub/switch
may well actually have the smarts, in which case connecting two devices
to the same power line may not work at all (because the negotiations of
one can interfere with those of the other).

Not that this is relevant to the OP's setup, which has a separate PoE
port powering each PoE device.  For that, about all I can say is to
echo the "DC isolation" issues others have raised upthread: both the
wall-wart and the separate PC provide DC isolation between the power
they output and the power they're fed.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               [EMAIL PROTECTED]