Hello Bhagyashri,

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 10:22 +0530, Bhagyashri Katole wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Initrd and Ram disk support in linux kernel along with JFFS2
> related stuff solved the problem related to reboot.
>
>  Sorry Stuart ... for using wrong forum for discussion ....

I think that what Stuart was referring to were my comments on certain
GNU/Linux design choices and the folks behind them. Which I know do not
belong on the soekris-tech list. Just couldn't resist it in the heat of
the moment - mea culpa.

>  But It will be very helpful if you have a special forum for OS
> related issues  ...

If you follow this list for a while, you'll notice a certain distinction
between the "hardware guys" and the "software guys" ("guys" in an M/F
sense of course). The software guys by nature seem to have a tendency
towards endless discussions about fundamental, theoretical, and often
almost philosophical issues, and to get rather emotional about these
issues.

On the soekris-tech list, when things threaten to get out of hand, you
can always count on the hardware guys stepping in, bringing these
discussions back to what it's all about: sticking cards into Soekris
boxes and, maybe a bit reluctantly, running OSes on them. The result of
this auto-moderation is an extremely well-balanced list, where emotions
hardly ever take the upper hand.

So, no, I personally don't think a separate OS list would be a good
idea. This list is one of the very few I'm subscribed to, and for a
reason. And if it involves me standing corrected from time to time, I'm
fine with that.

>  Thanks for having discussion with me ...

You're welcome, and I'll try to stick with the topic next time (no
guarantees, though..;).

Bill