At 11:01 AM 10/5/2007, Soren Kristensen wrote:
>Hi Everybody,
>
>I just posted a net5501 BIOS update with:
>comBIOS vers 1.32i
>
>    * fixed PCI config byte/word write handling (IDE DMA enable)
>
>This time it should hopefully fix any IDE DMA setup issues.... But
>please let me know how it goes.

So far so good!  The image I built yesterday on the Lexar that could
not mount its root partition seems to be working just fine now!

I can also boot a RELENG_6 kernel, with the driver patches that phk
has committed to FreeBSD current
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ata/ata-chipset.c.diff?r1=1.199;r2=1.200;sortby=date

and I can boot FreeBSD Current now on the Lexar flash where as that
didnt work before.

The only mystery remaining is that FreeBSD 6.x sees this flash as
ad1, but FreeBSD current sees it as ad0.  Its not a big deal, but it
can be a headache as there does not seem to be any
consistency.  However, this last bit is perhaps more of a FreeBSD thing.

ad0: 489MB <LEXAR ATA FLASH V1.02> at ata0-slave PIO4
ata0: <ATA channel 0> on atapci0
ata0: [ITHREAD]
ata1: <ATA channel 1> on atapci0
ata1: [ITHREAD]
ad0: 489MB <LEXAR ATA FLASH V1.02> at ata0-slave PIO4

         ---Mike