Hi bd,

Bad Dog wrote:
> So, attempting to herd the discussion back to the subject line, will a
> properly regulated 24V supply toast the board or not?  I have an
> application that requires this as well.  I would hate to waste these
> fine boards in pursuit of an answer.

No. The net5501 board have a hard limit of 28V, over that the TVS
(Transient voltage suppressor) will kick in.... So 24V regulated or
maybe 18V unregulated should work just fine.

If anything break feeding less than 29V it's a failure of that specific
board and should be handled as any other service request to the place
where you bought the unit.

And yes, I know I need to finish up the net5501 manual, until that use
the net4801 manual or email [EMAIL PROTECTED] with specific questions.

Best Regards,

Soren Kristensen

CEO & Chief Engineer
Soekris Engineering, Inc.