Jussi Peltola wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 12:00:40AM +0100, Marc Balmer wrote:
>> hmm, and how should Joe Average know about these facts given that
>> there is no manual for the 5501?
> Since when has Soekris been a device that should be given to your
> grandmother? AFAIK most of the buyers do understand enough about
> electronics to be able to use it just fine. Others can buy a power
> supply and a case with the board...

my grandmother is dead and so are some boards apparently of people
that did not get proper documentation.

> Very few PC motherboards contain any pinouts in the manuals, by the way,
> and those are more likely to end up in Joe Average's hands.

I disagree.  The most shitty boards I get have a manual.
Soekris has none.

> Still, I agree the manual should be released. But I doubt it is being
> intentionally delayed or anything...

I he wanted a manual, he would have done it.  He just relies on
the smartness of his users.

I would very much welcome a technical manual like he did for the 4801.