Hmmm. I thought earlier I remembered Sangoma doing BSD drivers for
their  ADSL products, but that they were hideously expensive (2005)
but when I checked this page (earlier before replying)
http://wiki.sangoma.com/wanpipe-freebsd-drivers
right at the bottom it seems to say that the S518 is not supported?!?

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 2:30 PM, RB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  any experience of using PCI or miniPCI ADSL cards in a Soekris device and
>  >  ideally running OpenBSD? And being in the UK I'd be using PPPoA.
>
>  The only PCI ADSL modem I know of that directly supports non-Windows
>  hosts is the Sangoma S518 - ironic that a Google search for 'minipci
>  adsl' gives its first result as a posting on this list from 2003,
>  discussing much the same thing.  What I don't know is whether it'll
>  play nicely with the 3.3v signalling on the 5501 - they say they
>  support 3.3v, but on a 64-bit interface.
>
>  Looks like the Wanpipe drivers are provided for both Linux and
>  FreeBSD, so if they don't compile on OpenBSD chances are it wouldn't
>  be an extremely difficult port.

Adam Retter

Software Pimp Extraordinaire