I bought a Traverse Pulsar ADSL PCI card my my net4801, but never
managed to get it working. I emailed Traverse before buying it and the
promised FreeBSD and OpenBSD support, whilst some drivers did appear
they were very unstable, I had some back and forth with technical
support but they never managed to resolve it - the drivers were
originally developed by a contractor I believe who was no longer with
them. Whilst they did try and I appreciate that, it never really was
enough.

Taking a look at their website, it seems to be that their are no
updates to their drivers since I last tried - 2005. I see also that
they have a new PCI ADSL2+ card out and that they are NOT offering
FreeBSD/OpenBSD drivers for  this.

I do not know of any other ADSL cards that are supported under
OpenBSD, it seems a glaring omission to me.

Thanks Adam.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Andrew Back <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I'm considering replacing a Net4521 OpenBSD firewall + D-Link DSL router
>  with a Net5501 running OpenBSD as both router and firewall. Does anyone have
>  any experience of using PCI or miniPCI ADSL cards in a Soekris device and
>  ideally running OpenBSD? And being in the UK I'd be using PPPoA.
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Andrew

>  Andrew Back MIEEE MBCS CITP
>  Open Source Strategist