Hi Eternity,

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 00:49 +0200, Eternity wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Yes, I thought of that also, but I have used the same image on several
> net5501 that is working just fine, so why not these? Also, if it was a
> disk geometry problem - why would it work after a "warm reboot", but not
> a "cold" one?
>
> For me, it seems like either some problem with the net5501 itself or
> that this series of flashcards are causing something to happen.

You're right, I think that the GRUB error code for disk geometry trouble
(which it sees as a "corrupted fs") is a different one. It's reported on
several occasions in the archives.

> Maybe LILO or syslinux can solve this, but I would like to find out
> why this happens. I am not so glad in having several images to deal with
> when preparing the boxes..

With those at least you never have to worry about DG trouble. Anyway,
I'm biased on this issue, I didn't like the way in which the otherwise
excellent Lilo was "obsoleted" in some GNU/Linux realms. I would use
Lilo in all cases, if only because I can't remember ever having seen a
posting about "Lilo unable to boot" on this list. GRUB on the other hand
is a regular visitor..;)

Bill

--
"There is nothing to worry about" - unknown