Robin,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 09:04:42PM +0100, Robin Kipp wrote:

> Hi Bill,
> Good idea... The only problem is I don't have a Linux system I could use
> to copy Debian on the CF card :-(

Just another idea : would it be usefull to make available for you, by
FTP for example, an image of an already installed Etch (or maybe
Lenny) hard drive ?

IIRC, with a software like Winimage under Windows (you've got a
Windows, rigft ?), it should than be possible to write this image on
your hard drive / CF Card, and have the soekris to boot.

If it boots OK, you will get pure Debian :-)

Recently, I've transfered an Etch install from a hard disk to a CF
Card like this, but all was done under Linux.

I still have the image somewhere on my backup drive...

Just drop me a line in private if you're interested, and we can see
together for the details.

A+

--
JF