Le Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:15:18 +0100 (CET),
"Ebbe Hjorth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> >> Its the last line i dont understand, where is my login prompt? ;)
> >
> > You must change /etc/ttys to set the baud rate for the console.
> >

> To be specific the
>
> ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   dialup  off secure
>
> should be changed to
>
> ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.19200"   dialup  off secure
>
> correct?

No I've got:
# Serial terminals
# The 'dialup' keyword identifies dialin lines to login, fingerd etc.
ttyu0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.57600"  vt100   on secure

There are more informations into the Handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html

ttyu0 is specific to FreeBSD-Current.

> >> Another thing, my brand new sata disk, clicks once i a while, and i
> >> have never heard that before on my other hardware, is that a
> >> soekris "feature"?
> >
> > I think that the drive has a power mode or an acoustic mode feature.
> >
> > I've tried to play with the tool sysutils/ataidle on my drive but i
> > do not hear any difference.
> >

> Hmm, thats doesnt sound good - Is the drived okay, with the clicking
> sound in the long run?

I meant I hear my drive waking up from time to time with a small
"click".

Regards.