On Wednesday 31 March 2010 15.05.38 Ralph Smith wrote:
> Sorry about the long delay. Appendicitis has a way of getting one's
>  attention.

It's OK, I understand and the priority sounds right :-)

> >> You can if you want. You would then configure ntpd to use the shared
> >> memory driver rather than the NMEA driver. The only reason to do this is
> >> if you want to use some of the features of gpsd to share and monitor the
> >> gps information. It won't give you any more accuracy than the NMEA
> >> driver you are currently using.

> >> Exactly.

> >> If you want to pursue this it's fairly straightforward.
> >
> > It's OK, I understand that it will not make the result better. But as
> > long as it does not make it less accurate I am curios to give it a try.
> >
> > Can you give me some hints of how to do it?
> >
> > I guess I have to compile gpsd on the computer where I build the CF?
> >
> > But how do I make it appear in the nanobsd image?
>
> Short answer is to build the port, create the package from the port, and
>  have the nanoBSD script install the package. You will need to tweak the
>  gpsd build so it doesn't include all the python and X11 stuff. I can
>  provide more details if needed.

Yes please, I like to read the long answer also.

For the moment my net4501 is still open and not in use. After I saw it worked,
I decided to make a pcb for the cables and some other interface circuits. I
probably have to wait another two-three weeks before I receive it.

> Ralph

/Göran