Ed Flecko [edfle...@gmail.com] wrote:

> 2.) Am I right so far?
>
> Once you've written the image to your CF, you just plug it back into
> your Soekris (I'm guessing), but how do you actually configure the
> Soekris (i.e., set up NIC interfaces, configure PF, etc.)?

Edit config files in /etc

> 3.) Do you, somehow, configure your image in advance of writing it to
> the CF or you do that after you've written it to the flash???

This can be done after the new system is booted or you can mount the /etc
partition of the openbsd.vnd file and do it before hand

> I'm confused about this process, so if someone could shed a little
> light on the steps that need to be taken, that would be great!

The flashrd faq might help.  What I do is edit openbsd.vnd and then test it in
an emulator before pushing the image out to systems.

--
the preceding comment is my own and in no way reflects the opinion of the Joint
Chiefs of Staff