On 2013-05-05 22:19, Denis Fortin wrote:
> On 2013-05-03 12:00, soekris-tech-requ...@lists.soekris.com wrote:
I recently hooked up a large external USB disk to a net6501 and
made a most unpleasant discovery. The machine hangs when booting.
Note that I'm *not* trying to boot from the drive. Just having it
hooked up prevents the net6501 from booting.

> I've complained about this a long time ago.

If the machine goes down unexpectedly (power failure or something),
it stays frozen until I can get to it and reboot with the extra USB
drive disconnected.

> Quite annoying, really.
>
>  > Is there a new comBIOS in the works that will fix this within a
>  > reasonable time frame?
>
> We're still hoping for a 1.42.

So is there any word from Soekris? It seems like the simple workaround of "if the disk is too big, then ignore it" would not be too hard to implement. Or is the problem more subtle?

/Lon Willett