The problem is you don't have the platform sdk installed right.  You
need to make some changes to the msvc config files after you install the
platform sdk so it knows where to look for the headers, and which libs
to include.  That information is in the instructions on the express site
and must be followed closely, or it will not work.  If you would like, I
have a statically linked gawk.exe that I know works, it's available at:
http://www.freeswitch.org/downloads/win32/gawk.exe

Mike

SDK: