Hi,

I am working on T.38 Fax (FOIP) gateway product and have a problem
with re-inviting and changing the SDP from RTP to T38.

Sending a fax works like this. The originator sets up a voice call
over SIP and RTP packets start going backwards and forwards with
FAX tones in them. The receiver of the FAX detects the tones and
instructs the originator via an INVITE to change to T38 UDPTL from
RTP.

The messages look a bit like the following:
ORIG -- INVITE (RTP/Voice) --> REC
ORIG <-- OK -- REC
ORIG -- FAX TONES over RTP --> REC
ORIG <-- INVITE (T.38 UDPTL) -- REC (NOTE - REVERSE DIRECTION)
ORIG -- OK --> REC
ORIG <-- T38 UDPTL --> REC

In this case I am the REC, receiver of the FAX.

Using the same handle I can't change the SDP information in the second
INVITE to T38 UDPTL. I use the SOATAG_USER_SDP_STR tag but whatever
I put in there is ignored for the old values.

So my question is how to override the SDP with new values?

Thanks and regards,

Matthew O'Connor