2009/3/6 Jonas Jalminger <jo...@jalminger.com>:
> Building sofia-sip on Windows using mingw/msys is hard. I have not seen
> too many posts regarding this so I will share my experience so far.

Thanks for sharing.

> I started by doing an autreconf in the top directory.

I'm afraid that this is a mistake. autoconf and automake has number of
version-related problem. In this particular case, autoconf does not
warn if you miss autoconf macros of pkg-config.

>Trying configure
> gave the following problem:
>  ./configure: line 16805: syntax error near unexpected token `GLIB,'
> ./configure: line 16805: `  PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GLIB, glib-$with_glib,
> HAVE_GLIB=yes, HAVE_GLIB=no)'
> Trying --with-glib=no had no effect. Instead I manually removed the test
> in the configure script and set HAVE_GLIB=no.

> Next, it stopped once again on a PKG_CHECK_MODULE for ssl. The same
> problem here and I had to manually set HAVE_OPENSSL=0.
>
> Same problem with CHECK. Same soultion, have_check=0.
>
> Next, it says that the compiler cannot handle 64-bit integers, which it
> can. Again I manully changed it to use %llu and the rest even if the
> test failed.

Could you have a peek in your config.log and see why and what exactly
failed there?

> The configuration now completed without errors. Time to do make and it
> failed much right away with the first libtool command:
> if /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile --tag=CC gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
> -I. -I../.. -I../../libsofia-sip-ua/su/sofia-sip    -Wall     -g -O2
> -I../../win32/pthread -DWINVER=0x0501     -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501
> -DIN_LIBSOFIA_SIP_UA -DIN_LIBSOFIA_SRES   -mms-bitfields  -pipe
> -mno-cygwin -mwindows -mconsole -Wall -g -O0 -MT su.lo -MD -MP -MF
> ".deps/su.Tpo" -c -o su.lo su.c; \
> then mv -f ".deps/su.Tpo" ".deps/su.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/su.Tpo";
> exit 1; fi
> ../../libtool: line 828: X--mode=compile: command not found
> ../../libtool: line 828: X--tag=CC: command not found
> ../../libtool: line 861: libtool: ignoring unknown tag : command not found
> ../../libtool: line 995: *** Warning: inferring the mode of operation is
> deprecated.: command not found
> ../../libtool: line 996: *** Future versions of Libtool will require
> --mode=MODE be specified.: command not found
> ../../libtool: line 1139: Xgcc: command not found
> and so forth. It seems like there is an extra X inserted.

> I have no idea which file to modify to remove the extra X. It would be
> great if someone could point me to where the problem is.

I think autoreconf used M4 macros from newer libtool for autoconf, but
failed to install the libtool script itself. Or vice versa. Either
copy the original configure and Makefile.in files from release tar, or
run libtoolize --force --install.

Pekka.Pessi mail at nokia.com