Dear Pekka and Kai,

Thanks for your replies. I did what Kai suggested and used the latest
release tarball (1.12.10). It does not complain about any PKG_CHECK_MODULE.

In the config.log I can see the following:

It fails when checking for iphlpapi.h as the winbase.h include gives a
syntax error on line 1308 and 1309 saying "before va_list".

It fails also on checking for pthread_create beacuse the linker includes
-lpthread as well as -lpthreadVC2. I suppose that -lpthread should not
be there.

ld.exe always fails actually on finding phreadVC2.lib. I guess it is
because the combination -L and -lpthreadVC2 does not work with mingw.
Shouldn't it be -L/whateverpath/pthreadVC2.lib without the -lpthreadVC2?
This is also why the long long for printf test fails.

Also, the file su_win32_port.c does not get included in the makefile in
the su suddirectory. I inserted it along with the .lo counterpart
directly into the makefile. It now compiled.

However, when I run a program which runs fine on Linux I get two
assertions when calling:
 nua_create(appl->root, app_callback, appl, TAG_NULL());

1. It fails on soa.c line 244 SOA_VALID_ACTIONS(actions). I have traced
to the the deafult soa struct has its members set to 0 (NULL).
2. su_alloc.c line 552 size >= sizeof(*home). The reason is that home =
NULL.

Well that's about it so far. I guess that the assertions might be
related to the fact that the configure script repeatadly fails.

Cheers,
/Jonas