Many vendor will claim 192KHz sampling like this vendor, and they can
do it. But what they fail to mention is that the rate and accuracy
claimed is only on the digital audio ports, not the analog ports. A
lot of the audio freaks use the digital port so they are quite happy
with the cards.
At 03:58 AM 3/3/2006, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>Art KY1K wrote:
> > They claim 96 KHz sampling, which anyone would assume means it is
> > usable above 20 KHz.
>
>
>Even worse, they claim *192* kHz sampling!!
>
>However, I am not surprised. Soundcard producers, and probably
>99.99% of their customers, think in terms of audible sound, never
>in terms of software radio. Flat to 20kHz is perfectly OK for them.
>
>By the way, the users manual for M-Audio Delta-44 specifies
>"Measured Frequency Response" as 22Hz - 22kHz without any mention
>of sampling rate. I guess it must be doing better than that at
>fs=96k, otherwise it wouldn't be so popular among software radio
>enthusiasts?
>
>
>By the way, is there any experience of ESI Juli@ on this list?
>It is a (quite) cheap 24-bit 192kHz in/out PCI card with balanced
>analog I/O. The users manual does not mention frequency response
>at all, of course :-( I e-mailed a polite question to ESI support
>a few days ago but the question remains unanswered.
>
>73
>Johan SM6LKM
>
>
>
>
>--
>No virus found in this outgoing message.
>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 268.1.1/273 - Release Date: 2006-03-02
>
>
>
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
Cecil Bayona
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com
I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soft_radio/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/