the softimage rendering api hasn't been around as long as maya or max's and
it certainly hasn't been used as much. so yes... there will be bugs.

i cannot repeat siOnTimeChange issue you report in softimage 2012
(10.0.422.0) this is the first version of 2012, not that service packs or
the subscription advantage packs. i get 2.0-10.0 ... 1.0 isn't logged cause
the first time cause i was already on that frame during startup.

the siOnValueChange event doesn't get fired for any deformers being added.
you should bring this up to support also... this will only work for you
because a user might not accept the default values of the operator and the
siOnValueChange will be fired when the user changes those values. this is a
lame workaround but maybe you could use the siOnEndCommand event to capture
those deformers going missing through siOnValueChange.

the last one i can't test easily but should be brought up to support. i
know they fixed some stuff about the dirty list not too long ago. i also
know the render preview window behaves a bit weird sometimes. what about
the render region?