From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] on behalf of Martin yara
[furik...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:49 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Get Scene File Version

Thanks for your replies.

I know how to generate scntoc files but that doesn't help me. I have
to check different files from different persons, projects and
different SI versions, and not all of those scenes have a scntoc file.
Sometimes I open them in a higher version SI and make the mistake to
save and overwrite them. (not very often and always have backups but I
would like to prevent a disaster.)

So far I wrote an event to trigger before saving, get the file version
through printver.exe and compare this version with the app.version and
if the major number doesn't match open a warning msgbox to cancel or
proceed.

I don't know yet how to get the printver result directly into SI so
I'm using > txt and then read that txt file.

M.Yara