From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Stefan Kubicek
[s...@tidbit-images.com]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 3:33 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Ice feathers..

Hi Vince,

welcome aboard!

With all the recent talk about custom feather systems being developed and
employed at Psyop and The Mill, I was wondering if you looked at mbFeathers
(http://feathertools.michael-buettner.com/)
before deciding to build your own system, and why you ended up investing the
time and taking your own rout. I assume you were looking for specific features
you could not find in,
or build upon, mbFeathers? Simply out of curiosity, I'd love to understand what
it was you couldn't find elsewhere that justified building a feather system
from scratch.

Cheers,

        Stefan

> Thank you very much Bradley.
>
> Yes it's a full on ICE feather system.
> I started to layer all the main compound from scratch at the beginning of
> Hallmark, then Dave Barosin joined a month later and help me out with few
> very helpful features and scripts.
>
> Version 1.0 of this feather system at the end of Hallmark was really nice,
> but version 2.0 that Bradley actually worked on is absolutely amazing and
> pleasure to use!
> We had a very nice time brainstorming and figure out how to improve it.
> Bradley did all the hard work, cleaning it up and build a very nice interface
> around it.
>
> We are using it now for an other bird (i can't mentioned the project yet, but
> it looks great), and we are using it for other type of scattering like leaves
> for trees for exemple.
> Very very useful!
>
> I can't wait to show you the next projects using it!
>
> And i am glad i am finally on the Softimage list!!!!
> It was about time.
>
> Thanks again Bradley!
>
> Vince.
>
> Ext: 2311
> Mobile: 917-664-1830
> www.the-mill.com

> This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message
> in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.
>
> Please use the following link to view The Mill Showreel 2012.
> http://www.themill.com/work/the-mill-showreel-2012.aspx

Stefan Kubicek                   Co-founder
           keyvis digital imagery
          Wehrgasse 9 - GrĂ¼ner Hof
           1050 Vienna  Austria
         Phone:    +43/699/12614231
--- www.keyvis.at  ste...@keyvis.at ---
--  This email and its attachments are
--confidential and for the recipient only--