From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Gustavo Eggert
Boehs
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 03:37 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Evalution outside simulation

It is simple stuff like transformations, randomizations, sin functions and all
that. Problem is I am trying to reproduce the (perceived) "ease of use" from
moGraph.
In it MOST things happen in a unsimulated envoiroment, as it is a lot faster to
work in this fashion. You can work and scrub through the timeline interactivly.
But then it allows you to trigger simulation at some point or event, which is
nice.

I could even try to re-work most of my nodes to have a simulated and
unsimulated version, as the cumulative effect of simulation will break most of
them, as they are right now. But fact is, it is a goal to be as non-simulated
as possible.

I understand it is an uncommon request, a bit of overkill really, and people
can achieve the effect they want in other ways... I just wanted to double check
if there was any undocumented way of doing this.