Thanks Simon.

Just an additional note, these preference PPG's are saved out in your user
install location:

~/Autodesk/Softimage_2012.SAP/Data/Preferences

If any of these stored PPG's were created using registered plugins that are
removed in the future, XSI will log warnings complaining about missing
Property definitions.

You can stop the warning messages by clearing out the files in that
directory.

-B