Exocortex Species 1.5 Released!
Species 1.5 is now available at
Exocortex.com<http://exocortex.com/plugins/species>.
This is the third major update in six months that adds functionality and
further optimizes user work flow.

What is Species?Exocortex Species simplifies the process of human character
creation from designing your character’s unique attributes, integrating
sculpting results, to rig creation, even animation. With Species, you will
create higher quality animated characters faster and at a lower cost, while
avoiding the generic look that often come when purchasing off-the-shelf
models. Exocortex Species supports Autodesk Softimage 2010 through 2013 on
both Windows and Linux. Floating and node locked licenses are available
starting at $299.
Improvements in Species 1.5
    Documentation

   - Expanded Docs to include Installation instructions and more detailed
   info on many features
   - New easy to read Google Docs format

    New Feature Anim Tools! - A new set of tools to speed up working with
our AnimRig

   - Mirror Pose allows you to mirror the pose of the selected controls to
   the opposite side of the animation rig
   - Mirror Select swaps the selected control to the opposite side
   - Biped MatchFKIK will switch the selected limb from the current FK or
   IK mode to the opposite while maintaining the same pose.

    AnimRig Changes

   - New preset hand poses!
   - Hand Follow IK Option
   - IK Offset controls for Arms and Legs
   - Hand Anchor control to AnimRig for attaching props and other objects
   - HeadLookAt Control Option
   - Align LegIK controls to world

    AnimRig Build Changes

   - AnimRig build option to adding Transform Setups for Fingers

    Synoptics

   - Update synoptics with new controls
   - Add hand poses to AnimRig Synoptics

    Bug Fixes

   - Left ForearmRoll deformers misaligned
   - Hide FK arm bones on PropRig by default ( hides IK arm bones when
   switched to FK)
   - Bank Param on right foot inverted
   - AnimRig build cancel button doesn't cancel
   - Only display Dual Quat option if available
   - Change preferences to be per user not per addon

Getting Species 1.5
If you are not yet using Exocortex Species, give it a try by downloading
the trial from the Exocortex Species product
page.<http://exocortex.com/plugins/species>

For those already using Exocortex Species, you can download the 1.5 update
directly from here <http://exocortex.com/releases/ExocortexSpecies1.5.zip>.

Join the Species User Community
Get the most out of Exocortex Species by joining our user support and
discussion mailing
list,<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#%21forum/species_mailing_list>and
check out our many tutorial videos on our Vimeo
group <http://vimeo.com/groups/species>.  These are the best places to
learn about Species and get the latest news directly from the developers.