Well from recent discussions and from getting my hands dirty in some real
production you definitely appreciate tools that can speed up your
iterations. :)

Relating Species to the recent post from Brad Gabe, I believe that the
Species AnimRig has been designed well to give a very good base rig that
can be extended for a wide range of productions. I think that focussing
Species Hominid on a solid Biped setup helps make it less fragmented than
other generic auto-rig tools as well. There is a time and place for those
too though.

Eric Thivierge
http://www.ethivierge.com