Sorry for my late reply, I was busy with another project.
Now I'm back again with my PSD problem.

My problem seems to be only with PSD files.
I can't change any existing TGA Image Source with a PSD file and see the
change in real time.
I can do it with TGAs, PICs and TIFFs so far but not with PSDs.

I have to save the scene and reload it to see the PSD in the realtime
viewport and Mental Ray.
Or
Create a new Image Clip + Source with the PSD file.

Am I the only one with this problem?

I've tried Luc Eric's suggestion by changing ImageDefinitionType to 1 but
nothing changed.

What I realized is that as soon as I change a TGA's (PIC or whatever) Image
Source with a PSD file, the ImageDefinitionType is locked to 0 (Load in
Memory).

Even if it seems to have changed, when I open again the Clip PPG again the
Image Management value is back to 0 (Load in Memory). This value doesn't
change even with a new PSD Image Source or reloading the Scene.

I tried this in SI 2011SP2 and 2010. I'll try with 2012 and 2013 later.

M.Yara