From: Rob Wuijster
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2012 4:36 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: OT: Windows 8 - anyone?

Not sure what you mean, but the desktop is still there with the same
keyboard/mouse support as W7.
But with some Metro/Modern UI additions, like the app bar to the left and the
settings bar on the right that are accessed with the mouse.

Sure, the start menu/button have been replaces by the new Metro/Modern UI,
although there's still a handy rightclick menu where the visibal start button
was.
With a lot of handy shortcuts to common 'poweruser' tasks.
But I don't see much difference in the way I would use W8 or W7. W8 does have
some interesting new ways of working and handling apps.

It seems one is in the 'I like it' or 'I hate it' camp, there's no real in the
middle for now.
Me personally am very interested to see if whole the Metro/Modern UI apps thing
takes off. Having the same app on your phone, tablet and desktop with 'Skydrive
saved' settings sounds good in theory.
It's to see if MS can pull this of much more cleanly as previous large projects.

Rob