That's the gambling market.. money is made by speculating about how
much one could sell the stock to someone else in the future.  The way
the stock market was supposed to work was that you bought shares in a
company in order to own part of it and get dividends, proportional to
your number of shares, from that company's revenue.    In any case,
it's not a reflection of how many people run windows vs macs, which is
how this all started. :)