1) you can launch softimage code from a pyqt app, so use a normal
pickelement, pickobject, or pickposition. then process the return values in
your python code.

2) i haven't done enough development using uic files so i haven't the
experience with this but could you instead use the pyqt_example.py way of
using uic files and let me know if that refreshes?

https://github.com/caron/PyQtForSoftimage/blob/master/src/pyqt_example.py

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Tim Crowson <tim.crow...@magneticdreams.com