Hi,

I'm setting up a feather system for a bird based on particles.
The basic workflow has 2 stages:

1) grooming/styling
2) follow mesh deformations

step 1 generates an icecache file containing particle rotation and
polygon ref frame on the closest location on emitter at grooming
stage.
step 2 should load attributes from the cache and make particles follow
the deforming mesh (emitter).

how to I calculate the rotation offset that should be applied to the
feathers, so that it smoothly follows envelop deformations on th
eemitter ? It seemed easy to me at first, but I'm stuck...

from my basic math knowledge I tought subtracting poly ref frame at
gromming stage from poly ref frame at deforming stage should give me
the offsetted matrix, then just add this matrix rotation back to the
original feather rotation. but that doesn't look good on the viewport.

my particles are oriented in the Y axis (root to tip), pointing to the
X axis (upVector)

any ideas ?

thanks