Yeah I feel the same but thought I should offer the PyQt to those who have
it or can install it. I did know that if I didn't have the PPG based one
I'd hear about it too. :)

I have the same one working Maya as well and like I said in the video wih a
few sub-classes and few lines of code you can get it working in whatever
other application you want to. You could even use the renamer class for
file renaming in another pipeline tool if you wanted as well.

Having the same tools across the studio in all apps is something that is
being pushed here lately as well. A native PyQt / PySide implementation is
a must IMO.

Eric Thivierge
http://www.ethivierge.com