the time savings is in scene export time.  look for this line in the script
editor history pane...

# INFO : [sitoa] Exported Frame 1001 to Arnold in 12.245 sg

render your scene without the standing and with the standin, compare them
and see what your savings is. if there is no savings there must be
something wrong.