Hey Dan, i gave it a swing, but regardless of my .xyz file formatting, i
always get the error message;  Error - no points found or not a valid XYZ
file!!!

have you got an xyz file that works for you, that you caould strip to just a
couple of lines so i can see the format?

the one i'm trying is like this;

647680.01, 508967.136, 185.622

647680.099, 508967.133, 185.609

647680.124, 508953.779, 184.757