...another one: Rename Chain

select any chain element (bone/root/effector) > run. Type chain preffix.
"myChain" will create: myChain_root, myChain_Bone1, myChain_Bone2,
myChain_eff

2013/1/16 Andy Moorer <andymoo...@gmail.com>

> Yeah workgroups really help. I'm a hack when it comes to python scripting,
> so most of the stuff I end up writing for myself I shoehorn into a few
> custom menus that live in a workgroup, which also contains assets like
> models and rigs. I've never even explored packaging stuff as addons (I
> should). I just carry the workgroup around... :P
>

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Simon Reeves <si...@simonreeves.com>wrote:
>
>> Nice stuff guys! I have plenty of little scripts here and there too,
>> probably similar to ones already mentioned, or ones i used at various
>> studios and had to rewrite for myself. Anyway I'm not sure the best way to
>> organise it all online, but fortunately with soft workgroups make life so
>> easy at work... Compared to wanting to be organised in max, I usually
>> just give up :)
>>

>> On Wednesday, 16 January 2013, Andy Moorer wrote:
>>
>>> Cool, thanks for sharing that Fabricio, it's brilliant.
>>>
>>> Here's one I have in my personal menu - creates an annotation log of
>>> distance measurements. Select two objects and run, places the distance
>>> between the two in an annotation, or adds to an existing annotation.
>>>
>>> I made it during a time when I was doing a lot of DoF work, and it's
>>> turned out handy ever since.
>>>
>>> Not packaged up in any particular way, pretty much ripped right out of
>>> my menu ;)

>> --
>>

>> Simon Reeves
>> Freelance 3D VFX Artist
>>
>> London, UK
>> *email: si...@simonreeves.com*
>> *website: http://www.simonreeves.com*
>> *
>> *

if (selection.count>0){
var nome = XSIInputBox("Chain Prefix", "Rename Chain", "");
var temp = selection(0);
for (i=0;i<temp.root.bones.count;i++){
        temp.root.bones( i ).Parameters("name").value = nome+"_bone1";
}
temp.root.Parameters("name").value = nome+"_root";
temp.root.effector.Parameters("name").value = nome+"_eff";
}